Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A Partially Really Bad Prediction

Remember when I made a really bold prediction of a massive meltdown coming from either Miami or Detroit this year?

Well, things haven't gone well for the fishies, so I wasn't totally off there. But o my goodness was I wrong about Miguel Cabrera. 

The man, the machine, is one day away from winning a triple crown. (Should I capitalize Triple Crown? I should probably totally capitalize TRIPLE CROWN.)

It would be the first since 1967. That is amazing. 

Really sit and think about it...

We all know that no-nos and perfect games are big deal, but think of how many of those we've seen just the last couple of years alone. 

Aside from those stupid stats that only computer programs or Abed Nadir can come up with, (you know the ones, like... a lefty hasn't hit a grandslam off of a right-handed pitcher on an 92 degree day in September since 1971...) something happening in major league baseball that has not since 1967 is truly remarkable. 

So, best of luck to you, Miggy. I've never been a big fan of... well, you (even though I really like your friend Justin Verlander), but seeing a TRIPLE CROWN sounds pretty swell. Do it to it. 

Ciao, buddies.
-christine


No comments:

Post a Comment