Thursday, April 7, 2011

Happy Home Opener Eve!


Hopefully, you've all been given the day off tomorrow as it's a national holiday. I hope to see everyone hanging out downtown, tickets to the game or not. It looks like we're in for a lovely day, weather wise. Fantastic. I'm really excited to see Target Field again, if only for the verdant blanket of luscious grass, which, mingling with the scent of sausages and 40,000 strangers, signals: Spring is here.


So, with the rain out in NY Wednesday night, we get Pavano for the home opener, which is fantastic; but- what does that mean for the catcher situation? Has this been resolved yet? Butera tends to catch Pavano, but I'm assuming the powers that be know they have to give the masses what they want. Mauer.
I see Souhan is trying to tell me Pavano and Butera aren't boyfriends after all and they just keep randomly getting paired up-? In fact, it was about 50/50 Butera and Mauer catching the Pavs last season with no real difference in performance. That's news to me. Maybe it was early on that way, but now they've really found a thing that works and I don't think it's going anywhere. Carl + Drew = Forever.




But for the home opener, I don't know... I bet we see Mauer. The Twins really need a win and we need Mauer's bat in the lineup. And I would prefer to see his muffinbutt behind the plate. Sorry Drewrl.

Ciao, buddies!
-christine

No comments:

Post a Comment