Wednesday, April 11, 2012

So It Goes BB Field Report: Home Opener 2012

Shut up, it was fun. There's no way even this mostly craptastic play we've seen from the boys thus far can ruin the joy of the home opener. Everyone else on the planet is commenting on the catastrophe that is the 0-4 start so I'll focus on the TEN THINGS I LEARNED IN AND AROUND TARGET FIELD:

1. Corey Koskie was there.

And some other guys, too.




2. The iPhone 4S has a stalker setting.

3. There is only one place in TF to get the newly-added Surly = outside of 124. The line was the longest I've seen yet at Target Field ever. Just have a Summit.

4. I'm pretty sure I watched Jacque Jones and TC Bear have a 20 minute conversation. TC was nodding a lot. I am not kidding.

5. There are some new media packages between half innings, mostly all scoring thumbs up. I especially liked the new, yet actually old-fashioned, Target race thing. You know the one with Bullseye, the mosquito, Babe, and a fish -- ? I won't give it away because the surprise is fun.

The other good one: A real life DANCE OFF between fans from 3 different sections of the park, with an
applause-o-meter and everything. I don't know that it went over all that well, or people just didn't know
what happening, but I liked it. I'm hoping for a PANTS OFF DANCE OFF when it warms up.

6. I'll have to try the new food and report back later.  So It Goes Mom and I ate too much at Kieran's in our five hour pre-game warmup, plus the giant meatball sold out in the 6th.

7. The rueben at Kieran's is fabulous. So are the corndogs. And pretzels. And bloodies. And Big Gingers.

8. So It Goes Baseball Mom is maybe not paying attention:

SCENE
Joe Mauer coming to the plate for his third AB of the day.  T.I.'s "What You Know" plays. Announcer bellows: JOE MAUER! Fans cheer.


SIGBB Mom: Is this a new song?

CR stares blankly at SIGBB mom, cocks head as if considering the question might be sarcastic, in which case, hilarious.

SIGBB Mom: (Tone and earnest expression do not suggest sarcasm) Is it?

CR:
Are you serious?

SIGBB Mom: I've never heard it.

CR:
Are you serious?

SIGBB Mom: It must be new.

CR: It's the T.I. song he's had for... like... seven years.

SIGBB Mom: I don't think so.

CR: It. Is. Every at bat.

SIGBB Mom: Then how come I've never heard it?

CR's head explodes.  

End scene.

9. Corey Koskie.

10. The game was still a total blast, even with the loss. So It Goes Baseball Mom is still the best lady ever. Target Field is still awesome. Baseball is still fun, even at 0-4.

Go see the Twins.  Cheer for your boys. Have a Summit.

Ciao, buddies!
-cr.

No comments:

Post a Comment